10/12/11

cb360 build/entry : part 3

I ordered an SLA battery last week to save space and weight. Since I'm going kick only on this little guy, I got a UB 1220. I had thought I picked up a 2.2 amp, but I think the 2 amp will be fine. I'm only going to run a headlight and taillight/brake light. This little battery looks a little like a VHS tape in size. I think the measurements are close to 6" x .75" X 3.5". After having a few cold ones with Captain Awesome, I talked myself into rewiring the bike from scratch. What's left of the stock harness I modified for this one is pretty ugly, and I'd hate to run into issues far from home because of 35 year old wiring. I also snagged some CL350 bars and a sheet metal seat pan from the previous iteration of this bike.



Battery tray and fuse block in progress.







Andy

2 comments:

Blacksmithbilly said...

Keep on chopping Captain!

captain awesome said...

Always tinkering on something. This project is actually a fellow local rider who will be joining next years Ozark Mountain Scramble. I'm just posting his build log updates for others to enjoy. You staying busy?