11/11/14

tt500 build : part 18

With the seat pan finished it's time to move on to padding. I bought this foam camping mat a while back with a seat in mind. It's rubberish and seems like a better match for riding than the closed cell overly dense crap I'm using on the kz440. I want to say it was around $20 but should be enough to make another seat.



A quick spray of some gray paint I had laying around before gluing pieces of the mat down.



Rough cut with a hacksaw blade after gluing 4 layers on. I should have got out the turkey carver instead as it would have done a much cleaner job of things.



Then I used an angle grinder with a somewhat worn sanding disc to do final shaping.







I got a quote from a local upholstery shop to cover it in vinyl, and it's just not budget friendly for the OMS. So, I ordered up some inexpensive diamond quilted black vinyl and some matching material for the sides. I'll post up my crappy attempt when it all gets in.





Also I want to note that I apparently welded the baffle the wrong direction for good flow. It has since been flipped and finish welded in. Just needs scuffed up and a coat of high temp paint.





No comments: