9/21/11

cb360 build/entry : part 2

I got aggravated last weekend due to a wiring mishap.  I rigged everything back up with the carbs on the bike in attempt some fire breathing.  Smoke came pouring out of the rectifier because I did something really stupid. In my head I had everything as was on the previous ignition test. I won't go into to too much detail other than I was trying to rush it while the lady was off at work.  I was defeated for the attempt, so I packed it up for the weekend and got back to doing honey-dos.  I couldn't leave it alone, so I put it all back together after work today, immediately catching my mistake from before.  It was both a eureka moment and a realization that I can be an idiot sometimes.  I robbed a plug wire and the battery off my 750, squirted in some go juice and whammy!  

I'm not calling this a total win since I didn't keep it running, but I feel a little better about the state of things.  I know I'm going to have to pull the clutch plates still, and there's plenty of parts to acquire and fabricate. 

No comments: