9/26/11

cl350 build/entry : part 3

Well, it's been a couple months since my last update. Nothing crazy going on at the moment, but some good stuff none the less.

I finally got around to stripping the k0 tank purchase a while back. Amazingly enough there are only a couple small dents to address. Both wing emblem pockets look good, so I can run the original emblems like intended.







Also, been digging through all of my old parts stash to eBay for project funding. I found a set of early xs650 risers that have a ridiculously small amount of rise to them. They fit great and look better than the stock units, so I'll put that in the win column.







A good internet buddy tossed me a SUPER bro deal on some cb350 fork tins and side covers, which puts me that much further ahead. I had to modify these to fit my forks as they were originally intended for earlier model forks. Nothing a hand file, dremel sanding drums, and some patience couldn't take care of though. Still need to find some lower chrome fork tins, but honestly I have bigger fish to fry. While installing the new tins, I found that the left fork lower was attached and held in place only by the front axle! Something has gone severely wrong with the internals, so some investigating is definitely in order.





I think I have changed direction on the headlight to a bottom mount 5 3/4" style. I'll be trimming off the fork ears and fabbing a mounting bracket from the bottom tree somewhere. I'll post up the new rendering with paint options tomorrow.

No comments: