2/3/11

cb450 build/entry : part 2

Decided before I pulled the engine and got it all shiny I needed to do a complete mock up of the bike front to rear. First picture is of my recently bead blasted, cleaned, and painted front end parts. Before I assemble them for mock up I needed to make some handlebar riser bushings as the tapered rubber originals are junk. I made some solid aluminum bushings. The second picture is the top tree in the mill. I had to bore the holes out straight since they were tapered from both ends. Next I found some 1" round scraps (third picture), face cut them to length and turned them down to tightly fit the 7/8" bores I had made (fourth picture) and then bored them for the risers to bolt through.(fifth pic).







Next picture is of the finished bushings and the parts ready to assemble. Then the following picture is the finished assembly - I used anti-seize on everything since it was all aluminum with a tight fit.

I stuck the front end together and put it on the frame. I zip tied the fairing in the approx location to start designing and building mounts for it. I am planning on cutting my handlebars up and making some poor man's clip ons - which is a good thing because as the last picture shows they are bent badly.






Brad

No comments: