2/11/11

cb450 build/entry : part 5

Decided to work on the exhaust today. First I cut off the stock ugly foot pegs and welded on the passenger pegs which are smaller and better looking but still fold up if needed.
Then I cut my mufflers down and welded the ends back on. I basically removed the internal baffle section. Not on purpose but it turned out that way. I also had some really rotten spots on the bottoms so I scabbed some patches on those. I'll come back and smooth all my welds down some other day as I was running out of time today and wanted to get at least one side done.







I wanted to kick the mufflers up so I got an old single cyl dirt bike pipe from a buddy and bead blasted the rust off. I cut a couple of bends and straights out of it to use. Cut my down pipe, inserted the bend and then welded it up. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I just hope I can get the other side to match perfectly.

Brad





P.S.

I sold some of the stock parts from this bike on craigslist and ebay for $75 so I have $155 left in my budget to have this bike ready for hard riding....Should be OK and able to buy a front tire, chain and brake pads with enough left to buy some rattle cans for the paint job.

No comments: