1/16/12

cl350 build/entry : part 5

Wow. I've been pretty lazy/busy as of late. No more excuses, time to knuckle down and finish what I've started.

The original plan was to run earlier model cb350 plastic sidecovers, however eBay prices are dictating otherwise for old cracked units. As luck would have it, a buddy snatched up some OG air filter elements and enclosures in trade for a set of cb360 units I had laying around.They actually look good without the sidecovers on, so the new plan is to clean them up and paint them silver to match the rendering. A little mesh here and there at the big openings should keep the nasty bits out.



On to the rear fender. I have been looking at the side profile of a ton of bikes to try and get the right look. I finally settled on a cb125 rear fender which leaves me to figure out which way to mount it. It's been a real head-scratcher to say the least. There were a ton of brackets that were spot welded on GOOD, so a couple of hours of careful grinding yielded the proper profile I have been looking for. I ended up using the innermost part of the stock cl350 as a splash guard, and am currently finishing up the mounts for the cb125 section. The side profile is pretty damn close to what I envisioned, so things are on the right track. I also got a chance to start carving up the frame horns at the rear, but haven't snapped any pics of them in the daylight yet.



No comments: