1/10/12

xl500 build/entry : part 2

Mike 47 Update:

Dropped it 6" with the cb360 front end and another 2 1/2 of fork tube shortening. 26 degree front end? Oh fun. Got the front wheel mocked on there. Ryan did a sweet job of turning my 12MM front axle from 4130 moly. I'll make the spacers next. The spacers are gonna be the axle retainers as well as the adapters to get the 12MM axle held in the 20MM fork holes.

Jay Carr is my hero for finding me the stem nut. I'll get crackin' on that real soon so I can wrap up the steering bearing issues and a steering stop set.

Did some looking at the rear wheel in place and I said screw it and ordered up a '82 swingarm. Gonna keep some cushion this time. Probably need to rework the axle plates to work with my rear wheel but I can cut and weld ok. I found a pit bike shock with a super heavy spring for free-score!!!!. That'll bring the ass down. Hoping to have it all rolling for real in a few weeks. for now it looks like this:

No comments: