9/5/13

OMS kz440 superbike : 08

Got some work done on the electrics. Battery brackets are done. Not pretty or remotely straight, but holds just fine.







The battery stays pretty well hidden under the tail, and has plenty of tire clearance with the kz1000 police shocks.



The starter solenoid and regulator/rectifier tuck nicely under the cb350 tank with plenty of air to stay cool. The zip tie is temporary until I get the new reg/rec in and can confirm bolt hole spacing to make the bracket.





I welded a cb350 ignition bracket to the coil bracket. Once again, it's not pretty, but no one will see this anyways. I am using a marine grade Pollak 33-105 ignition switch with the built in starter circuit. I've used them a few times now, and haven't had one fail me yet. Super easy to wire, and relatively small.



Everything hides real nice with the tank on.





An overall shot with the Unifilters.



I whipped up a new wiring diagram.



The plan is to have it fully wired by the weekend with the help of my new vintage wire connections kit and crimper tool from Cycle Terminal. The initial investment is a hit to the wallet, but should speed up the process considerably and function more like a stock wire harness.



Derrick