10/1/13

OMS cl360 : 04

Finally buttoned up the CL motor, so progress is starting to happen now. Had to cut down an aftermarket cam chain to fit, so there were a few minutes of head scratching to figure out the what, where, and how of that. I managed to take that op to snap a shot of the motor mid assembly.



While I was waiting for engine parts, I finished reassembling the rest of the bike. I was lucky enough to have an extra low mile 18" x 4" tire laying around, so I mounted it up with a new tube and strip. I also snagged a low buck seat on Ebay. Rolling around the yard and seeing it look like something got my motivation up a bit.



I decided to go simple and hit the motor with a quick coat of high temp silver just to keep things clean.



As soon as the paint was dry I wrestled the motor in the frame and mocked up the exhaust.



I was dying to fire it up last weekend, but the points advancer was toast and I had to wait for a replacement. It came in this week, so I got the carbs on and points in and set Friday, and she fired up yesterday. I still need to rebuild the petcock, replace the front tire and some cables, and pick up a drive chain. She's pretty close now though.

Andy

No comments: