7/11/13

OMS cl360 : 01

Snagged a '74 CL360 with a stuck motor on the way home from the 2013 OMS for 200 bones. She's titled and pretty much complete. The P.O. had already pulled the head, so I decided to pull the cylinders to see if it was just stuck rings or bottom end issues. Fortunately, it was just stuck rings. I have a spare CB360 motor with a toasted cam and journals, but the pistons and jugs are in good shape. So rather than bore the CL cylinders and source new pistons, I've opted to get the CB jugs honed to reuse with its original pistons and freshen up the CL head with a valve lapping and new seals for reuse the original cam. Hopefully I'll have time to drop things by the machine shop this week, so I can get the motor back together quickly. As for the rest of the bike: it looks like a new battery, some cables, carb kits, tires, and another seat should get her back to in order.

Here it is as I received it.



The headers are in good shape, but the mufflers are shot.



As she sits now.



The motor awaiting a fresh top end.



Andy

No comments: