7/16/13

OMS kz440 superbike : 05

Just about got the front forks finished. The cap on one of them was rusted up pretty solid, and just didn't want to pop out after removing the wire clip.

Clean on one side.



Not so much here.



Luckily the caps have air dampening valves, so I found a bolt with the same thread pitch and an oversize washer did the trick. It's not magic, and it took me a few days to think of it.





Nice and crusty.



Everything pulled apart and internals cleaned.



Drilled out the dampening rod holes to 1/4". Before and after.



Cleaned up the fork lowers real nice. Before and after.



I found a damn good price on some Progressive fork springs, so if budget allows that's all I lack to call the forks done. If not, I need to shorten these springs 1 1/2" since the LTD forks are longer than standard.

Derrick

No comments: